Saturday, July 15, 2006

I will try to post a smattering of photos of the events of the Last Days. It will probably be random and unsatisfying. Random end of days event number one:


KIMONO WEARING!!

My favorite ladies decided they wanted to play dress up and took me to a photo studio to get these pictures, usually intended to be used as arranged marriage promo photos. Fingers crossed!

This is the one that's supposed to score me a mate.

Or perhaps this one? Check out the umbrella wielding prowess, fellas!

I was carefully put into place and told to freeze.


Half the preparation time was alotted to getting my hair into this pseudo-beehive. The hair ladies spend the entire hour wondering loudly to each other why a foreigner was planning to get outfitted in a kimono. Notice Tomiko peeking in the corner.

.

Next came the several layers of undergarments

Tomiko wrestles me into my kimono. Her massive skills are evident in this impressive bow.

I had a marriage offer by cellphone as soon as I was suited up.

My Laydeez. They put me in front so my head looks gigantic. Guys like big heads, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kawaiiii! Your ladies are awesome. Those photos are such a nice keepsake of your time there. BTW, where was the kimono studio? (I guess in Ono... could it be that kimono shop near Kaisei I wonder...)

Ii chansu da ne! :o)

Anonymous said...

man, you are sure to find yourself a man with that big head of yours. now you just have to learn how to cook and clean, and you'll be an unstoppable marrying force. i fear for the young males of portland.

Anonymous said...

Portland........are you moving to Portland? Dan, what else can do you know that I should know?

Anonymous said...

I was confused about the Portland thing too! But maybe your unstoppable marrying forcefield has a radius of several hundred miles... (several thousand in case Dan meant Portland, Maine)

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Lewis said...

Nice kimono-wearing Caitlin - definite marriage material there!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. essential skin care products Recover files data recovery software 264 serial Chevy extreme body kits Boating laws in canada regarding life vest glass sphere water bed Free barcode reader software download with oracle Wireless motion activated surveillance equipment Wooden toy plan california parks camping Radar detector in de lens contact Long menstrual cycles clomid Cybersitter 9 serial