Thursday, July 27, 2006

There you have it! As you can see, after a few hectic and sleepless days, I have officially left Japan. I arrived in Taipei at 9:30 this morning, and will depart for Vienna at 9:30 pm. I was planning on leaving the airport to do some sightseeing, but since it takes a while to get to the city, and because I could hardly see straight when I got here, I decided to park it at the airport. Woo! Actually I think it's just what I needed. The airport is quiet and comfortable and has some nice cafes. Not to mention free internet! And the most gloriously smooth rolly carts I have ever experienced, in all my travels. I can hang on to it with only my pinky finger and it dances along beside me.

So it's too bad I don't get to see Taiwan, but I've learned many things about it just from spending time in the airport. For example, they enjoy tea and Bon Jovi. (I got to listen to his greatest hits while I napped on some chairs.)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post anything else from the last month of action in Japan. It's a shame too, because it was a good month. An overwhelming one, but a good one.

I will try to put up some pictures once in a while from the road when I have the chance, though posts may be sparse. For the record, here's a brief itinerary:

Vienna, Prague, Teplice, Krakow, Tatras Mountains, Bratislava, Budapest, Croatia, Slovenia, Scotland, Italy, New York, HOME.

I feel like the luckiest person on the planet right now.

Leave me comments. It will make me happy.

Ciao!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, how exciting to see a new post on your site, and such a happy one too (complete with pineapple cake! mmm... pineapple cake...). What a great idea to hang out in the airport -- had you ventured out to the city, you would have returned exhausted and cranky and smoggy. And no one likes smoggy Americans!

Anyway, you ARE so lucky -- I want to go to those places too! What fun you're going to have -- I can't wait to see all the cool shashin that will emerge from your travels.

See you, Keitorin!

Anonymous said...

I want pretty pressies from ALL of those places! Every single one of them. I'll pay the shipping on them...it's not like I'm greedy or anything.

You and Jessica are lucky, lucky girls. Have a fantastic time. Pop up a note when you can.

Safe travels my babies! Love you both!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom

p.s...don't forget, I want you to come home with an accent (I'll let you pick which one).

Anonymous said...

Kaitorin,
I am so envious of you and all your travels. This comes from an OLD lady who has done so little traveling. Enjoy, have fun and take tons of photos. I live my life through you and Amazing Race.

Love,
Kathy
(second time trying to send is a charm)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness I just looked at the Town of Teplice website and I am even MORE urayamashiii... iiii naa (said in pitiful, high-pitched, sighy voice)! I didn't realize it was in the Czech Republic. My motherland! (Gee, if it really is my motherland, I should know more about it, huh.) I want you to find the seal of Teplice (to the left of the website's title) and take a picture. Or, if you can, find a postcard of it for me ;) In between dips in the spa, that is.

I'm guessing you've just arrived in Vienna. Hope you had a nice flight!

auf wiedersehen :)

Anonymous said...

Happy travels Caitlin! I'm almost getting the travel bug again. Not quite though. Probably after a few more of your posts. I remember when I travelled through Vienna and Czech and Slovakia in 2002. It was soooo great! Make sure to buy one of those silly wee jugs to sip water through when you're in spa town. Oh - and be sure to sample the czech beer. Mmm...beer. Did you know the Czechs drink more beer per capita than even Canadians?!? Hard to believe, I know. Have fun and thanks for the posts!!
Shan

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»