Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Last week was one of the worst weeks of weather I've ever seen in Fukui. I am from WASHINGTON STATE, and have a reputation of loving the rain, but this was nasty. As a result, we spent a lot of our time exploring the cultural centers that are the malls of Japan. Luckily they had a budget set aside for funny English t-shirts.Phil decided early on to document every piece of food that entered his mouth while in Japan. I'll spare you the pictures of toast.
Omurice. Not exactly considered a traditional Japanese dish, but one of my favorite restaurant meals. Phil is blown away by Hannah's okonomiyaki (grilled cabbage pancake) stirring prowess.End of day 1, and Phil settles into his blanket pile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil looks very cozy. And now I have a good gauge to tell people how long your living room is...it's 1 Phil in length.

Mom

Anonymous said...

you definatley gotten good at using that fuzzy face feature on your camera.