Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I should have seen it coming. It was only a matter of time. I’ve got… duh duh duh… The Influenza. (The non-bird variety).

It’s surprising that a country so fond of abbreviating words in the most nonsensical ways (remocon = remote control, eacon = air conditioner, conbini = convenience store, jipan = jeans pants-?) hasn’t figured out how to shorten influenza to flu. So that there’s always talk of half the school having “The Influenza,” and I imagine the medieval body wagons rolling in.

So here I am, camped out in bed, armed with Kleenex, beverages, and all kinds of medicine. I even have this prosthetic hand so that I can control my heater without getting out of bed.

This is what my temperature felt like yesterday. Actually, it was an impressive 102.38 at the doctor's office.

On a lighter note, the sun’s out in full force today, and it’s nice to be able to sit and watch piles of snow melt from the rooftops.

AND, now I have little else to do besides read my book and update this thing. Watch me go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Caitlin,
I hope you feel better, my prosthetic hand broke, don't hit things with it.

Anonymous said...

You sounded so sick on the phone. It could be worse....I could be there reminding you to drink lots of water and eat something.

I'm serious though about writing down our home phone number somewhere. What if they haul you off to the hospital again? Golf-pants would have no idea how to get a hold of me.

Go take a nap now Caitlin.
Mom

and could you bring me home one of those hands.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Caitlin,
So sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par. That's a golf joke from you're Dad. I had the flu like that two years ago. You know you've hit the skids when you wish you would die. Glad its not the bird flu, don't want you molting.

Drink lots(not the alocholic type) and get lots of rest. Sounds like the whole town is going to come down with the crud. We have been lucky here(knock on wood) and have managed to bypass colds and flu. I've probably just doomed myself since I fly out two weeks from today.

Love you,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Caitlin!!

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well, but I have a proposition for you!!

Since now you are a super-duper wedding singer, how would you like to sing at my wedding? email me at amandaah06@yahoo.com and we can chat (I don't have your email, but I have this site - so I thought I'd use it!!)

I hope you feel better soon!

Love, Amanda

C said...

Dan- you mean like small children and animals? Fine, I'll stop.

Thanks guys... I'm feeling a little less cruddy today..drinking lots of water and eating toast and soup. Kind of enjoying myself right now, actually. Don't tell!

Anonymous said...

yeah, those hands weren't meant for hitting children, haven't tried animals, i'll get back to you.