Monday, February 06, 2006

Episode 10: Christchurch

a.k.a. future home town of me.

Ok, I've been back a month now, time to power through and finish the reportage on this trip.

I don’t have so many interesting stories about Christchurch, other than that I decided I should live there.

Most of my Christchurch photos are of buildings. (If you don't like buildings, skip this post.)

Like this one. Here's another one. One more.This one's at night.How about a sculpture?

Here are some guys playing chess in the square.

It was in this square that we were accosted one night by a couple of well meaning evangelical youths (was this not to be expected in a place called Christchurch?) who advised us to turn away from our lives of drunkenness and lust, after which we asked them for directions to a bar called Sammy's. They politely, if not sadly, led us there, and we enjoyed some fantastic jazz music (drunkenly and lustily).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to go to your regular picture site to see it up close...but yep, that's Baby Jesus up on the roof of the pretty church. What the heck is he doing up there? And I love how the three wisemen are facing away from him on the other roof. Strange arrangement. Maybe they had a rash of Baby Jesus stealing during the holidays?

Mom